15 May 2015

5 Fandom Friday: The Ultimate Binge Shows


I watch quite a bit of television. Well, that is to say I have the television on a lot for background noise but I also like binging through seasons worth of series and then wonder why I barely get any sleep at night. This week's 5 Fandom Friday, hosted by the ladies of Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick, is all about binge-worthy shows--right up my alley.


1. 30 Rock
Man, this show! I probably go through the entire series once a year and then binge a season or two in between. So many quotable lines, such great characters, and it's Tina Fey! I love how there's some hints in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt that they are in the same universe, too. I like to think Liz Lemon and Kimmy would have an interesting conversation on the subway.


2. King of the Hill
This is another show I quote a lot in real life, just like 30 Rock. It is also another show that I'll watch through the entirety of at least once a year. It is crazy how some parts of Texas (at least the parts I've been to) resemble so much of the characters in KOTH, especially Boomhauer.


3. Bob's Burgers
Who can hate Bob's Burgers? Trick question, nobody can! This show is like an entire spirit animal for me and I can just watch episode after episode of previous seasons without getting tired of it. In fact, I think Bob's Burgers ages like a fine wine with its humor.


4. Black Books
Another amazing British comedy that is absolutely hilarious if you prefer darker humor. Also, I absolutely love Dylan Moran and his stand-up as well as all the shows and movies he's in. If you like the IT Crowd and Mighty Boosh, give Black Books a watch!


5. Steven Universe
This show, guys....Such an amazing series to be on a major network. This was such a good move on Cartoon Network's part and this is a show people of all ages can enjoy. Also, the theme song (and rest of the songs in the show) are super catchy and you'll be humming them to yourself in no time.

Honorable Mentions:
Cowboy Bebop
The X-Files
Home Movies

19 comments:

  1. I've never seen Might Boosh, but I love Noel Fielding and IT Crowd. I'll have to check out Black Books! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to watch 30 Rock. I've seen an episode or two and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to Cowboy Bebop - our cat Ed's named after Edward in that show. Scrubs would have to be one of our top shows for binge watching I will be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on Black Books! I usually watch it at least once a year or if I'm feeling under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a great show and deserves so much more recognition (at least in the States).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Ed! Scrubs is another good one to binge to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessss, do it! I always think it pairs nicely with Parks & Rec, kinda like wine and cheese haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like the weird/dark humor in Mighty Boosh then you'll probably like Black Books! One of my favorite episodes is when the main guy characters try to write a children's book, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the IT crowd and Mighty Boosh so now I must see Black Books! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure I'll love it! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great list! I haven't watched Stephen Universe yet, but it's on my queue list!

    www.thegeekyseamstress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to watch Stephen Universe! And I will have to give Black Books a try. I love IT Crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Putting Steven Universe & Black Books on my list!

    A couple years ago I stayed up for two days straight watching King of the Hill and knitting. I watched the entire series in a span of three weeks. O_O NO REGRETS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahahaha, wow! King of the Hill is like a spirit animal for me, I've rewatched it so many times and it just connects on a whole different level.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeessss! I think you will really like Steven Universe since it takes some elements from magical girl anime and it's just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeesss, lemme know if you like it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fiance hates King of the Hill, but even she finds herself chuckling at it now and then. Sometimes I have to remind her that she doesn't like the show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. KING OF THE HILL!!! Jen and I used to watch that all the time. :D

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger