24 April 2015

5 Fandom Friday: My Favorite Games


Oh boy, been waiting for this one! I was a "late bloomer" when it came to video-games and didn't start really playing them until I got a hand-me-down PlayStation way back in the 90s. But as soon as I popped in Spyro, it was game over on any sort of social life I had. I also got a GameBoy Color (for my Pokemon needs) and even wanted to get into video-game design at some point.

But now, I just enjoy playing games--both digital and tabletop. And this is what this week's 5 Fandom Friday is all about. Check it out!


1. City Building Games
Kind of cheating with this one but there are SO many city building games I absolutely love that they could be fill out this entire list alone. Pharaoh, Zeus, Age of Empires are my biggest favorites and I still play them on occasion even though they are older than some teenagers out there. I just love the city building genre, especially when it comes to Medieval or ancient cities.


2. Fallout
I'm one of those "old school" fans who got hooked while playing Fallout 2 and became immensely excited when Fallout 3 came out and made the series even more popular. Post apocalyptic is an overall genre I enjoy with movies, television, books, and video-games. Especially when crazy and weird humor is mixed in, like Mad Max and Fallout.



3. Dungeons & Dragons
I play DnD (5e) almost every weekend in two different parties and just love being able to hang out with friends, drink beer, and roll some dice. I've played rogues, rangers, warriors, and a mage and being able to create new characters is really fun on top of having so many options in game play.



4. Katamari Damacy
Another series I absolutely love and KEEP playing time and time again. This is such a great game to play when you've just had a bad day and want to mindlessly roll things into a giant ball. Seriously. Also, the music in all the Katamari Damacy's I've played so far have been super catchy.



5. Mass Effect
Another series, of course! For ultimate story in a science fiction setting, this is where it is at. Mass Effect had amazing voice over work, controls, story, characters...I could go on and on about this series and I am so stoked to hear about a new one coming out!

What have been some of your favorite games throughout the years? Can't wait to see other posts in this week's Fandom Friday!

If you want to participate, you can check out The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick for weekly prompts and their own responses.

4 comments:

  1. I still have NEVER play Katamari! i need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the only one I've seen mention Mass Effect. Such a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes on every single one of these! Except DnD. I think I could definitely get into DnD, but none of my friends were into tabletop gaming. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger