But now, I just enjoy playing games--both digital and tabletop. And this is what this week's 5 Fandom Friday is all about. Check it out!
1. City Building GamesKind of cheating with this one but there are SO many city building games I absolutely love that they could be fill out this entire list alone. Pharaoh, Zeus, Age of Empires are my biggest favorites and I still play them on occasion even though they are older than some teenagers out there. I just love the city building genre, especially when it comes to Medieval or ancient cities.
2. FalloutI'm one of those "old school" fans who got hooked while playing Fallout 2 and became immensely excited when Fallout 3 came out and made the series even more popular. Post apocalyptic is an overall genre I enjoy with movies, television, books, and video-games. Especially when crazy and weird humor is mixed in, like Mad Max and Fallout.
3. Dungeons & DragonsI play DnD (5e) almost every weekend in two different parties and just love being able to hang out with friends, drink beer, and roll some dice. I've played rogues, rangers, warriors, and a mage and being able to create new characters is really fun on top of having so many options in game play.
4. Katamari DamacyAnother series I absolutely love and KEEP playing time and time again. This is such a great game to play when you've just had a bad day and want to mindlessly roll things into a giant ball. Seriously. Also, the music in all the Katamari Damacy's I've played so far have been super catchy.
5. Mass EffectAnother series, of course! For ultimate story in a science fiction setting, this is where it is at. Mass Effect had amazing voice over work, controls, story, characters...I could go on and on about this series and I am so stoked to hear about a new one coming out!
What have been some of your favorite games throughout the years? Can't wait to see other posts in this week's Fandom Friday!
If you want to participate, you can check out The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick for weekly prompts and their own responses.