16 March 2015

How To Prepare For New Game of Thrones Episodes

Guys, we're inching closer to the Season 5 premiere for Game of Thrones and I am STOKED. Fellow book fans will know we're treading into unknown territory with this upcoming season. This is the pivotal point where the television show and books are becoming their own independent entities and I'm very eager to see what happens.

In fact, we might even see the end to the entire series before the rest of the books are released. Yikes! It's so crazy to think about at this point. Game of Thrones has been a knock-out success since day one but the actual journey started way back in 1996 with the first book in the A Song of Ice & Fire series.

With that said, there's still a lot to keep up on and I find myself forgetting big chunks of plot or forgetting certain characters that appear for a millisecond and then become this important person five episodes later. So, what's a die hard Game of Thrones fan to do when itching to get into heated Twitter or Tumblr convos and not look like a fool?

Introducing the Game of Thrones Catch Up Machine.





Every book, every episode, and every plot line so far and ones for the future are all mapped out for you on this highly organized website by Joe Shervell. In fact, he was so kind to reach out to me about sharing his awesome creation and had this to say about it: 
I’m a massive fan of the Game of Thrones series, and I love how much of an online community also love the show – and the books the series is based on. I love to make these kinds of resources, and this was something of a pet project for me, since it gave me a chance to give great value to a community that I really appreciate.
Oh, but it gets better! While most of the website is spoiler free, there is an area chock full of spoilers for things yet to come. These are the juicy deets from the books without having to actually read the books. Although I still very much recommend reading them.

But remember to think before you click in that territory and don't blame me if you find out your favorite character winds up in a less than stellar position. You've been warned!

Another website or app I'd love to see is a compendium of the most popular fan theories. It can be a bit of a trudge when going through the Forum of Ice & Fire because there's just SO much. But the fan theories such as L+R=J, The Three Heads of the Dragon, and the Great Northern Conspiracy deserve their own version of the Catch Up Machine. Hey, Joe, new project! ;)

This was a great refresher for me and I just had to share it with you guys. Of course, I also recommend binge watching previous seasons of Game of Thrones before the premiere because it's a rite of passage at this point. See you guys on April 12th!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I just finished season 2! If it weren't for the two papers I have to write, I would be caught up by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger