20 March 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Comfort Films


Movies and television are definitely a weak spot for me. Much like music, I like all sorts of film: cheesy romantic comedies, serious dramas, foreign films--you name it. Having to pick one genre is just near impossible.

But for today, I'm sharing my comfort films. These are the movies I watch when I'm feeling down, frustrated, or just want to escape life for a little bit. Enjoy!


1. The Fifth Element
Although I just said I love all sorts of films, I will say that 90s sci-fi is one of my favorite types. Fifth Element especially! I've been a fan of the movie since it pretty much came out and I watch it multiple times a year. And quote it 24/7 in real life.


2. Legend
There is also room in my heart for classic 1980s fantasy films like Legend. Starring a rather young Tom Cruise (and a Tim Curry), this Ridley Scott movie is all sorts of weird and fantasy gothic and cheesy fantasy. Give it a watch sometime!


3. Aladdin
Pretty sure many of you already know Aladdin is my TOP Disney film of all time. I've been obsessed with it since it was released and I'll be a die hard fan until I die! :P


4. Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
Okay, ONE more genre I totally just love for its ridiculousness: over-the-top post apocalyptic. Fallout is a great example of this in the video-game realm and then there's Mad Max, which inspired some elements of Fallout. However, in the entire history of Mad Max, Thunderdome is my favorite just because of TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE! Can't wait for the new one with Tom Hardy, too.


5. Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Who doesn't love a good Mel Brooks movie? Men In Tights was definitely my generation's Brooks film to obsess over and much like Fifth Element, I quote this movie all the time. Plus, watching the Kevin Costner one that Brooks was taking jabs at and Robin Hood: Men In Tights back-to-back is always a fun time.

What are some of your comfort movies? Don't forget to check out other posts in the Fandom Friday link-up by Megan and Kristin!

post signature

11 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the trailer for Aladdin and being like...uh ew, i don't want to see that...flash forward....LOVES that movie and the music and it's so funny....i pretty much do that with every Disney movie tho! I don't know why!? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that with Frozen and Tangled actually! Tangled is one of my top 10 Disney movies now.

      Delete
  2. Your list is just amazing but LEGEND!! I love that film. I had such a hard time coming up with my list! Was your list tough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeess! There's so much more I wanted to add, like The Mummy (90s), Jurassic Park, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, so many other Disney flicks, and more serious stuff like Blade Runner. Just love movies and getting lost in their world for an hour or two. D:

      Delete
  3. YES! Mel Brooks is a comedic god! He's my favorite celebrity ever!
    Also, I LOVE Legend! Such a well done fantasy film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad so many people know about Legend up in here!! Whenever I talk about it in real life, most people have NEVER heard of it. Then they're forced to watch it, haha.

      Delete
  4. Love Men in Tights! It's been years since I've seen it, though.

    Ghostbusters is one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree on the Fifth Element and Aladdin! Legend I've never seen so I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Fifth Element. I quote this film far too often...MultiPass

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! Fifth Element is on my need to watch asap list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Fifth Element. I just recommended it (maybe too emphatically) to a friend yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger