29 January 2015

January 2015 Favorites


Wow, the first monthly favorites of the year! This is pretty exciting and I have several favorites to share with you all since I skipped out on doing it in December.

As for January itself, things have been super-duper crazy. I started school but finally have a laser-fine focus and decided to be a full-time student instead of just dinking around as a part-timer and not taking it seriously. I only have one super hard class--economics--while the others have been pretty breezy so far. While going to school full-time, I'm also working full-time! Super crazy schedule.

But anywho, here are my favorites for January. Hopefully you like them. :)


Peaky Blinders
If you were like me and thought the name sounded funny so you just skipped over this show, give it another chance. Seriously. It stars Cillian Murphy (Nolanverse Batman, Inception) as a 1920s English gangster and the second season has Tom Hardy in it, who is my Hollywood bae.


Far Cry 4
After much thinking and saving, I got a PlayStation 4! I also picked up Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Destiny, but the most I've been playing is of course Far Cry. I actually have only played the Blood Dragon "mini game" previously but absolutely loved it and decided to get the next game in the series.


Better Living Through Chemicals
Sam Rockwell is an amazing actor in this movie about a pharmacist in a small town who gets wrapped up with a bored housewife. For some reason it caught a lot of bad reviews but I thought it was a pretty good movie, although some people might not like the ending.


Kiki's Delivery Service Jiji Hat
Some of you might have already seen this hat in action on my Instagram but I have to talk about it again because I love it so much. It's from the Studio Ghilbi collection at Hot Topic and is very comfy (itch free!) and warm during this loopy Michigan winter. Next to Castle In The Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite from Miyazaki so it was naturally an insta-buy when I saw it.



Woodwick candle

Another Instagram share, but hey, I really do love all my monthly favorites. Woodwick candles have a wooden wick that crackles to simulate an actual fire and it also burns cleaner than a regular wick. I got the Frasier fir from the holiday collection since I've been obsessing over pine/forest scents lately.


Wildfox clothing
Noticed Wildfox being mentioned a lot by fashion bloggers lately and decided to give it a look. While I think the clothing is a little pricey, I still love the designs and lookbooks. Maybe one day I'll do a Treat Yo'Self day and get something from Wildfox!

What have been your favorites for January? Let me know!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Eeep, that hat! So pretty!! (Also Hi - I've been wanting to say that for a while :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite spectacular in person. :D And hello! :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, that hat is so cute! I need one too!

    www.thegeekyseamstress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That Jiji hat!! Also, want to be PS4 friends?!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger