17 November 2014

Please Excuse The Mess... [Blog Updates]


Maybe it's something in the air or that 2014 is fast coming to a close, but I always get the itch to majorly update my Internet presence around this time. Do you ever get that way?

When I first started my blog, I began a project called Devcember. The series chronicled my adventures back into HTML & CSS in order to revamp my blog. In the end I did buy a premade layout when I switched names and have been using the template ever since with some custom HTML. But it was a nice refresher and was a great way to learn more about blog development and design in general. Speaking of...Things have changed around a bit once more! Notice the difference? ;)

So first thing, please excuse the mess! I'm updating the blog and I mean a big update. My icons, layout, font, you name it! I've been eyeing this template by 17th Avenue Designs for quite some time and finally took the plunge. In the meantime some links might be glitchy while I'm rearranging everything or you'll notice the layout change up a little bit, so I do apologize for any problems that might create.

Secondly, Devcember will be coming back but in a different capacity. I've noticed a lot of Female Geek Blogger members expressing how they'd love to pick up some HTML and programming skills in order to update their own blogs and that's what I'm going to focus on this year: quick tutorials and resources so you can learn the basics. There will be a new Devcember post every week published on Mondays. I'll also add an easy to access button on the sidebar. Get ready for the first installment on the first Monday in December!

Thanks for sticking around my blog and all it's changes, updates, and everything else in-between! I truly appreciate it and just wanna say I love you guys. <3.

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you share! I use to do some HTML stuff back in the day but nothing recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same here, used to do A LOT of HTML and design way back when people were still using Geocities (yikes) but then kinda drifted off and now I'm just now returning back with finishing up my CompSci degree.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I'm stoked to see what you share! I would LOVE to learn more HTML stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Been planning out the weeks ahead and I'm excited to share some tips with people. :D

      Delete
  3. Awesome....cant wait to see what unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man! I have to be sure to get more toy trades in, haha.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to read your Devcember posts! I've been going over some HTML and CSS stuff over here & I'm looking forward to seeing what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout! And a series about HTML? Super amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, can't wait to see your Devcember posts! I took a few programming classes in college and grad school, but I haven't had the opportunity to use them much recently, so my skills are a little rusty. Love the layout!

    www.thegeekyseamstress.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger