29 October 2014

October Favorites 2014


October has been pretty crazy and hectic, mostly with intensive job interviews, getting ready to become a full-time student once more, cats, and freelancing. But I still have time to share my favorites throughout the month of October!

I just realized my October favorites for 2014 have some serious girl power going on. Five of my favorites have strong female characters involved somehow and this collage certainly shows that. Talk about a cool coincidence.


1. Gilmore Girls. I'm still in the fourth season but I've loved it so far as a new viewer! There's a lot of similarities in Lorelai and Rory's relationship and the one I have with my own mom so I'm surprised I never caught this show while it was actually on. Ah well, that's why we have Netflix!

2. Reign. I know it's nowhere near being historically accurate, but you know what, who cares? There can be historically correct shows and historical fiction. I'm not sure if anyone remembers those historical fiction books that were supposed to be diaries of famous princesses but it's pretty much the same idea. Also, Reign has amazing jewelry and dresses. Enough said.

3. The Last of Us. Consider this my spooky/horror indulgence for October as I haven't seen any new horror movies yet. This was an amazing game that I kept pushing back on playing because I'm not too big into zombies/infected and I was scared all the hype was just going to disappoint. I was certainly wrong on that and the game doesn't feature a lot of infected either. Win/win!

4. Game of Thrones Season 4 Soundtrack. Only downside is that they didn't release any of Oberyn's songs but it's still an amazing soundtrack. They have the full Sigur Ros version of Rains of Castamere but my favorite track so far has been the ending one called 'The Children.'

5. Paper crafting. I'm going to be adding packaging add-ons to my Etsy shop soon and have been getting into paper crafting, especially cute cards. I actually have a few DIY posts coming up for the holiday season that I'm pretty excited to share with you guys. :)

6. Halloween candy. Of course this has to be on the list! Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins are like the best thing on the planet.

7. Gotham Academy. What a cute and intriguing series this is turning out to be! I love the characters, the art, and the story. If you've read Lumberjanes or the new Ms. Marvel, then you'll probably like Gotham Academy as well.

What have been some of your favorites in October?


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Love the list! I need to start watching Gilmore Girls. It seems like such a fun marathon show.

    I'm currently rewatching all of Angel and Buffy, so that's been my main favorite this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna start Buffy since I've only seen a handful of episodes! After Gilmore Girls. :D

      Delete
  2. I only remember one episode of Gilmore girls where the dad buys the daughter tampons? Or pads? Lol I can't remember and I don't know why I remember that episode haha I think i thought it was strange that a dad was doing that because I knew MY dad would NEVER go to a store to get me "girl products" :P

    Love the little ghost in the post image!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Some of the episodes can be awkward but thankfully Rory is in college the season I'm watching currently and doesn't have to have a crisis like that anymore.

      Delete
  3. That reminds me.. I must get started on watching Gilmore Girls! I've never watched it in order before so that would be nice haha. I only remember her getting in college and that's it. I'm missing out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All greats! Happy Halloween Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with the Gilmore Girls this month? I also started through the whole series this month and I'm sad to say I'm nearly done with 7 seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm want to cosplay as Olive from GA!
    And I started Gilmore Girls, I didn't watch it when it was on either. But it's funny!

    (PS: Last of Us- PS4? XBOne? 360? )

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger