I just realized my October favorites for 2014 have some serious girl power going on. Five of my favorites have strong female characters involved somehow and this collage certainly shows that. Talk about a cool coincidence.
2. Reign. I know it's nowhere near being historically accurate, but you know what, who cares? There can be historically correct shows and historical fiction. I'm not sure if anyone remembers those historical fiction books that were supposed to be diaries of famous princesses but it's pretty much the same idea. Also, Reign has amazing jewelry and dresses. Enough said.
3. The Last of Us. Consider this my spooky/horror indulgence for October as I haven't seen any new horror movies yet. This was an amazing game that I kept pushing back on playing because I'm not too big into zombies/infected and I was scared all the hype was just going to disappoint. I was certainly wrong on that and the game doesn't feature a lot of infected either. Win/win!
4. Game of Thrones Season 4 Soundtrack. Only downside is that they didn't release any of Oberyn's songs but it's still an amazing soundtrack. They have the full Sigur Ros version of Rains of Castamere but my favorite track so far has been the ending one called 'The Children.'
5. Paper crafting. I'm going to be adding packaging add-ons to my Etsy shop soon and have been getting into paper crafting, especially cute cards. I actually have a few DIY posts coming up for the holiday season that I'm pretty excited to share with you guys. :)
6. Halloween candy. Of course this has to be on the list! Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins are like the best thing on the planet.
7. Gotham Academy. What a cute and intriguing series this is turning out to be! I love the characters, the art, and the story. If you've read Lumberjanes or the new Ms. Marvel, then you'll probably like Gotham Academy as well.
What have been some of your favorites in October?