17 October 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Characters I'd Love To Be For Halloween


Halloween is usually when I want to be six different characters and then wind up doing a super last minute costume because I can't decide. Although, there are some instances where I did have some pretty sweet costumes as a kid, like when I was Queen Amidala.

Anywho, this week's 5 Fandom Friday is all about the characters you would absolutely love to be for Halloween! Here are some of my picks.


1. Ellaria Sand, Game of Thrones
The Martell's, and by extension the Sand Snakes, are my absolute favorite house in ALL of the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice & Fire series. Period. Ellaria didn't play a big role in the books but I think actress Indira Varma did an amazing job portraying Oberyn's paramour and she had an amazing wardrobe. I really want to do a Martell cosplay in the future, I've actually been collecting some of the fabric recently.


2. Clicker, The Last of Us
Does this count as a character? They certainly play an intensely creepy and large role in the game and I JUST beat this game for the first time recently. I really enjoyed Last of Us even though I'm not too big into the "infected" trope but love me some post apocalyptic stories! This would also be a pretty awesome Halloween costume because of just how spooky it is.


3. Kiki, Kiki's Delivery Service
I love Kiki's Delivery Service, it's probably my second favorite Miyazaki film next to Castle In The Sky. I figure Kiki would be a better choice for Halloween than Sheeta since Kiki is a witch and all. I might just dress up as Kiki for Halloween actually!


4. Maps, Gotham Academy
Totally fell in love with this series! Also expect to see it in my October favorites. Maps has this sweet Dungeons & Dragons t-shirt in the first issue that I absolutely want but I also adore the Gotham Academy uniform. If Her Universe or anyone else makes the sweater vest, I'll totally be all over that!


5. Deathstroke, Arrow version
Okay, this would be genderbent and I know Deathstroke has a daughter in the comic but I really enjoy Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson and think his costume on Arrow is so cool (the Batman: Arkham Origins Deathstroke is pretty cool, too).

What characters would you want to be for Halloween? Can't wait to read the posts for Fandom Friday! :)

post signature

10 comments:

  1. That Clicker character is TERRIFYING. Perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Gotham Academy but I'm liking Olive and Maps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellaria is a great idea for cosplay but for Halloween, surely it has to be Deathstroke?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! And OMG, the Clicker is absolutely horrifying. LOVE IT! And really you can't go wrong with a GOT-themed costume. They're all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do make an Ellaria Sand costume, that would be so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list Steph!
    I don't know why, but somehow, somehow I knew Ellaria would be on your list ;)

    And I like Maps too! I want to get my haircut like her! And I would like to be Olive (I want a white wig for Storm, and Danerys costumes, soooo...triple use!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, Ellaria is beautiful. I love her character! As for Clickers, yes. They're AWESOME. That noise, you know they're coming and it's just sosososo good! I played along for the first time. <3 This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe I hope you dress up as Kiki, you will look so cute as her!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Kiki is a great choice as a last min costume, plus she's cuuuuuute!!!
    I've thought about doing her before but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'know, I almost mentioned Kiki in my list! I would also love to be Arrietty from Secret World of Arrietty.. Miyazaki love <3

    -G

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger