10 September 2014

My Deepest Geeky Confessions


Mariko of Gamerwife made a very unique and creative blog post titled "Geeky Confessions," much like those memes you can find with the text over them divulging an anonymous secret. The concept was so cool that it just had to become a thing, and well, here we are! Now it is a link-up that you can join in on, too. :)

Of course, I've made a few of my own geeky confessions...


I had a friend who owned an N64 before I even knew what a gaming console was. She first introduced me to Mario Kart and that just put me through a loop and then we would play Goldeneye with her brother and I would always, always, screen peek because I didn't know any better. I'm sorry!


Yup, I was the ultimate fangirl when it came to Lord of the Rings. It was always especially nice because the trilogy movies usually came out on or around my birthday (December 17th)! My mom got me the trilogy plus The Hobbit, and even to this day, I never finished reading The Hobbit while I countlessly read the LOTR trilogy. I could never get into the story and I haven't even watched the Hobbit movies. Maybe one day I will!


There was a time when zombie media actually had a message but it has since then been garbled and forgotten. Sure, I'll still play games like Resident Evil and watch zombie movies but I will never tout them as master pieces or actually think a zombie apocalypse can happen. It can't, not even with those mind controlling insects from that one Cracked article. You know what I'm talking about!


A lot of people ask why and it's simple really: I enjoy watching/reading sociopathic characters pull the strings in a story. I want to see just how far he can go with his schemes and the consequences of that happening since he sort of started this whole mess in the first place. Although I will say that I enjoy the book version of Littlefinger a lot more than the show version.

What are some of your geeky confessions? Don't forget, you can join in on the fun with the link-up over on Mariko's blog!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. I love reading everyone's geeky confessions! I like Littlefinger, too - and agree that his character is much more interesting/nuanced in the books. The scoundrels are always fun - lawful good gets boring (sorry, Ned...and Robb). I can't wait to see how things play out with him and Sansa (who I think is going to give him a serious run for his money).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend way too much time in the Ice & Fire forums and their conspiracy theories about Sansa bringing down Littlefinger are addicting!

      Delete
  2. Awesome confessions! I totally hear you on the zombies & Littlefinger. And I think my feelings on Tolkien are well documented...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies one I was actually scared to confess since I know so many people who are still waaaay too into it. There's even a "zombie response group" in the local area, no idea what they do with their time?

      Delete
  3. Definitely with you on the zombie front. Yawn. I guess my geeky confession is that I don't actually enjoy fantasy novels?!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of just plain bad fantasy novels out there, so I don't blame you! I have to be REALLY committed to the story in order to finish them so the poor Hobbit remains unfinished.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving these posts! I'll have to do one of my own soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so much fun! And you actually feel a weight come off your shoulders, lol.

      Delete
  5. I finished The Hobbit, but I couldn't get into the other LotR books! Hahah. I like your confessions, I just posted mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never finished The Hobbit either! Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never finished The Hobbit either! I couldn't make my way through it. And is probably the reason I haven't picked up the LoTR books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your confessions! I really enjoyed The Hobbit (more so than the LotR trilogy), but I could never get through The Simarillion. And I totally hear you on Goldeneye. I screenpeak all the time when I play co-op games! Drives my poor boyfriend crazy, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger