28 July 2014

July Favorites 2014


It's been awhile since I've done a monthly favorites post and I apologize! Things have been a little hectic in my life lately but it's finally settling back down. Here's what I've been loving throughout the month of July in-between packing and working.



Someone posted her pictures on Reddit and I became instantly intrigued because I have a big ol' stack of thrift store finds that I've wanted to refashion. This has been a very inspiring blog and some of the things she turns the clothes into is simply amazing!


I've been in a very witchy mood lately. But not that kind of witchy! I've been watching Charmed, Sabrina, and then this show popped up on my Netflix recommendation list. I was instantly hooked because of how crazy it is! Reminds me very much of Charmed with a bit of Buffy. It's based off of a book series that I've been considering of picking up but the reviews have been so mixed. But the TV show is a definite guilty pleasure.


Wow...Just wow. I'm so excited that I finally started this series but I'm also so mad I took this long to get into it! But still, it's got a gorgeous story, artwork--everything. If you're looking for a good summertime read, Saga is it. The description that it's Star Wars meets Game of Thrones is so spot on but also doesn't really capture the emotion this series makes you feel.


So, while browsing Target like I normally do, I happen across "scented" nail polish. It smells icky in the bottle like regular nail polish but dries with a pleasant scent like fresh laundry or soap on your nails. Color me intrigued (pun maybe intended). I got this beautiful purple one in lavender soap and it smells AMAZING. Wow. Such scents. Much beauty.


I found the immensely talented artist Savanna Rodriguez through Instagram one day and have made it a personal mission to commission one of her AMAZING hand painted mini artworks because a) they're insanely cute and b) it's all Disney and Pixar!

What have you been loving this month or just recently? Let me know in the comments!
post signature

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh Witches of East End is definitely on my July Favorites list!! Love that show, I finished season 1 and am now able to catch the new shows on Sunday which is awesome!

    I can't believe she transformed that night gown into that dress -- so cute! Sadly I'm not talented enough to do that sort of stuff lol

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep going through her blog and being like "oh man, this is totally doable..." and then just sit in my little crafting area all ;______; this is a lot harder than it looks, haha. I'm also watching Witches Season 2--didn't even know it had started back up until recently but thankfully they put the previous episodes on the Lifetime website. :D

      Delete
  2. Such a cute post! Love the work of Savanna. Thanks for sharing Refashionista - I needed to read a blog like that for so long. For my July, I watched some new movies that I had been waiting to see for a long time like 13 going on 30, and I'm going to LeakyCon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep seeing LeakyCon being mentioned on Twitter and just looked it up--that looks like such an awesome con!! Hopefully you have a blast. :)

      Delete
  3. That "before" and "after" are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! She does amazing things and I'm so obsessed with refashion right now, haha.

      Delete
  4. Oh! I'm kind of a nail polish fiend and def have to keep my eye out for that Revlon polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have SO many scents now, found mine at Target but I've also seen them at Kmart and CVS. I will say that you need to add on a few extra coats with this particular nail polish to get a nice color on the nail.

      Delete
  5. AHHH! Refashionista is going to be a new favorite of mine I can already tell. I love seeing how people re-fashion their clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I've been making a pile of clothes I want to refashion in the near future that I'm sure I'll mess up somehow, lol.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love what Refashionista does! It's so inspiring. Now if only I could get over my fear of the sewing machine...
    Scented nail polish sounds divine. I would love to wear vanilla scented nail polish!
    Some things I've been loving this month are... Guillermo Del Toro movies, ice cream, making earrings, and going to the beach! :D

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger