02 June 2014

Motor City Comic Con Haul

Finally getting around to that big bag of loot I have sitting around from Motor City Comic Con! I spent quite some time in Artist's Alley and checking out all the cute geeky crafts there, which ultimately led to money being spent.

I didn't go all weekend as I also had a wedding to attend, but it was still fun! Here are the goods down below.

buttonhaul2

buttonhaulupclose1

buttonhaulupclose2

First, all the buttons! A lot of booths were doing one dollar button bins that you could just endlessly sift through and I've been on a real button kick lately. The Jon Snow and Hound with flower crowns aren't from MCCC, but were actually sent to me by Molly from The Princess & The Geek! Just felt like showing them again, haha.

littletrinkets

randomtrinkets

Here are some random trinkets. I can't resist blind bags and did one called Lunartik and the Game of Thrones one. Isn't the little cat-alien in the tea cup adorable?! And I got Ghost in my GoT blind bag! The Totoro plushie keychain wasn't in a blind bag but I found him at this adorable booth full of cute stuffed animals from Japan.

Also, OMG, vintage Gargoyles stickers! I don't even know what to do with them but I LOVED the show as a kid. Then I picked up some Pokemon toys to turn into jewelery.

Then, that really cute and cool Disney necklace. The castle piece is actually from a Disney Monopoly game board the jewelry maker uses to create her pieces with. Love it!

jayneshat

deadpoolbow

Couldn't resist getting myself a Jayne hat and Deadpool bow! The hat is actually super soft and comfy.

eldoradoprint

littlefingerportrait

There was this really amazing local artist named Aaron Trendy who was a super cool dude. I was his first customer and bought the big illustration which is based off of the legend of El Dorado. Then, after talking with him and his fiancee for a bit, he made that mini Littlefinger portrait just for me and I absolutely adore it.

blindbagcomics

This one comic book booth was doing something called "Nerd Roulette" where you could randomly buy a blind bag of about 40 different comics, all new and old, and have the chance to find a super rare comic. They had five randoms that had coveted issues like the first Spider-Man and whatnot.

While I didn't get a super rare issue, I did find these in my grab bag that were still great! Yes, those are kissing H.P. Lovecraft monsters on that Superman comic and the Generation X one is a holographic/shiny issue. And then I just liked the Robotech one because you don't find them very often in comic book shops.

I also picked up a Bob's Burgers illustration from a different artist that isn't pictured, it's being framed right now. I'll show it when it's ready!

What finds have you made in your con season adventures?

post signature

16 comments:

  1. That Totoro is adorable. Your haul is impressive! <3 I moved 5 days after the Salt Lake Comic Con and all of my goods are still in the process of being shipped across the country to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'd be so antsy to get everything again! I really wanna put up my new artwork but I'm gonna be moving too, haha.

      Delete
  2. Loving those Jon Snow and Hound buttons, and you really lucked out with the blind bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was really hoping I wasn't going to get ANOTHER White Walker, I seem to just be a magnet for them with blind bags, so getting Ghost was a treat!

      Delete
  3. I love the little Totoro plushie you got! The Disney necklace is adorable and that's so cool the artist drew you that portrait just for you! Looks like you got a lot of goodies :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really wish I could remember the lady's shop name because all her Disney stuff was adorbs. I picked up so many business cards but I dunno if she had one. x_x

      Delete
  4. Is that a batgirl button!?!? Also Yea! tiny toons. I'm a little bit button obsessed lately. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! And yeah, Tiny Toons! I snatched that one up real quick, haha. Couldn't find an Animaniacs one, though.

      Delete
  5. Artists Alley is a easy to place to hang out all day (and spend all of your money). I'm a fan of the Tiny Toons and Gargoyles merchandise; if that doesn't take you back to good times, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like finding lost treasure, the Gargoyles stickers. It was my last three dollars in cash that I brought, too, lol.

      Delete
  6. Okay everything is amazing! Team Arrow badge!! I need to get one. The castle necklace is so pretty and OMG THEM STICKERS!! And sweet blind bags!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was this AMAZING Arrow action figure set too (Ollie, Slade Wilson, and Diggle) but it was something crazy like $80 so the button will have to do!

      Delete
  7. Ahhhh a Totoro! And a Jayne hat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul!!!
    And yay! Generation X!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No way - I loved Gargoyles too! They have all the episodes on YouTube - I watch them at work during my lunch break sometimes haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That "Boo" button is adorable! You got a great haul!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger