11 June 2014

Do You Remember... Toonsylvania Toys


Oh, hey, remember that toy trade that I did with Derek over at Goodwill Hunting 4 Geeks? Well, I got my box from him awhile back but have been waiting. For what? Who knows! But since we're on a roll with monster stuff because of this Monster High makeup tutorial, I thought I'd talk about some awesome monster mash-up toys from the 1990s.

What prompted this entire toy trade were these bad boys below.

packagingtoonsylvaniatoys

Do you guys remember Toonsylvania? If not, allow me to fangirl about it for a minute. These were Burger King toys based off of a Steven Spielberg cartoon from the late 90s that only ran for two seasons. Wayne Knight, Nancy Cartwright, and Brad Garrett all lent their voices to the series. It was a precursor to the Monster High and other monster-themed cartoons but with that Animaniacs and Tiny Toons vibe.

I was sent the ambulance carrying a loony bin patient and the Monster Maker, the latter I actually never had as a kid. Let's check 'em out!

toonsylvaniatoys

monstermakertop

monstermakerfront

toonsylvaniaambulance

toonsylvaniaambulance

bearwithambulance

These are still in great shape since they were still in their old plastic packaging and bring back so many childhood memories! I had the ambulance as a kid and would stuff all sorts of mini action figures in there.

And the Monster Maker STILL has questionable green liquid in his giant stirring thingy. Maybe it'll give me super powers?

ashwithtoonsylvania

And Ash from Evil Dead isn't from Toonsylvania but came in the toy trade and is SO COOL that I just had to share. I'll have to gather up the rest of the toys from the trade and show them to you guys. Been on a cleaning spree lately!

Did any of you have Toonsylvania toys or watch the show?
post signature

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to find a toy from your childhood. ^_^ The Toonsylvania characters look so familiar, but I can't remember anything about the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's one thing I love it's cartoons, especially from the 80s and 90s. If there's another thing I love it's anything Halloween related. I don't know how Toonsylvania slipped past my radar, but I will soon remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I should remember these but I don't!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger