02 May 2014

My Blog, The Mixtape

The amount of cool link-ups and tags going around is too damn high! This one I found over at Joie's blog Confessions of a Book Pimp, and the prompt is really fun: create a ten track mixtape that describes your blog. And in extension of that, yourself!

Story time! When I first started to get into freelance writing, one of my first on-going gigs was as a freelance music journalist. I don't have an ounce of musical talent in my body, but I love all sorts of music. From Japanese metal to 1950s Western music, I listen to all sorts of stuff.

So, yeah, here's the Nerdjoy mixtape. Enjoy. :)


...Okay, I actually made two mixtapes. I have such a soft spot for 1980s/1990s songs that are super cheesy. They're like bad B-movies to me and never get old. I also sing these at the top of my lungs in my car.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. YES! I like the second "cassette" too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Take on Me" by A-ha is MY 80s JAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahha! I love your cheesy playlist! And the first one too! Air is one of my favorite bands! And I also love Boards of Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mixes! I totally stole your idea and made 2 mix tapes as well. I cheated a little though and included some more modern songs, but yeah. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, thank you for indirectly opening my eyes to Grooveshark! I followed the link on your Mix Tape and now I'm hooked on Grooveshark, I love it!

      Delete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger