12 May 2014

Do You Remember... Pooh's Friendly Places

Pooh's Friendly Places Nerdjoy

Derek over at Goodwill Hunting 4 Geeks asked if I'd like to do a toy trade and I was totally all over that and started to immediately go through my old toy bins in the basement. In my search to find old toys to send to Derek I also found parts of my Pooh's Friendly Places play sets and, of course, sat down for a moment to play with them.

I've also decided to do a mini series of posts called Do You Remember... where I'll be showing some old 1980s/1990s toys we all nostalgize (nostalgia-ize?) about! Starting off with some cuteness because girly tendencies.

If you're familiar with the Calico Critters play sets, these are exactly the same except with Winnie the Pooh and the gang. I had a couple different play sets but have lost most of the pieces through various moves.

poohsfriendlyplaces

tiggerandpiglett

eeoyrebirthday

poohsbedside

kangaandroo

The figurines are a velvet type of material and still well articulated for being well over a decade old. My favorite was playing with all the cute little accessories that came with everything, Eeyore's birthday party play set being the best in my opinion. It came with a lot more stuff, but like I said, it has been lost to old toy purgatory.

The various accessories were also very well made, most of them you can open or fit fine into their little Lego-like hands. There's actually toy blocks in the toy chest in the Kanga and Roo set and the lemons in the Tigger and Piglett picture actually could be taken off of a tree that could also fit a little mini hammock.

You can find full sets of these on eBay, like most other nostalgic toys, for relatively cheap. I'll more than likely be keeping these and getting a shelf for them. ^_^

Do you guys remember these? And did any of you have the Calico Critters play sets?
post signature

5 comments:

  1. They are adorable! I don't remember this series but I do know of the Calico Critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I've never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These are adorable, Winnie the Pooh was always one of my favs as kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have Pooh ones, but I feel like I had some sorta Calico Critters. I want to say dogs maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like Calico Critters! I've not seen these, but I want to get them for my sister's future twins (my sister is a HUGE Tigger fan)!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger