5. iPOWER Origamibook, from Tiger DirectOh man, check out this new laptop! You can fold it like origami! Oh wait, that would be totally unpractical. ...Or would it? Brb, patenting things.
4. 3D Printed Sandwiches, from The JournalThis one is amusing because there are real 3D printers that will print out candy for you, but I hear they taste pretty awful. We can only hope the future will have a real 3D sandwich printer for us (that is also tasty).
3. HootSuite+Facebook+Oculus Rift, from the HootSuite BlogI liked this one simply because of the pun "Owlculus" that HootSuite used. Although, I wouldn't mind using HootSuite in Oculus or even in Google Glass, quite honestly.
2. Unicorn Drinking Horn, from ThinkGeekTheir Tauntaun sleeping bag was one of their first April Fools pranks and was later turned into a real thing and I really hope this happens with the unicorn drinking horn! I'd totally use it at the Renaissance Faire.
1. Pokemon Google Maps, from GoogleOf course this one had to be number one, mostly because of the time and effort put into it. Did you catch all 150 Pokemon in Google Maps? I sure didn't because I suck at catching Pokemon!
What have been your favorite geeky pranks so far? :)
Here are some pranks from Twitter that deserve an honorable mention:
- The Garrus Bodypillow on the BioWare shop
- The Maru Sue make over for The Mary Sue
- IGGPPC Go Paperless Initiative for the Iggles