08 April 2014

The Best Sites For Mystery T-Shirts

It's no secret one of my online shopping weaknesses are mystery t-shirt deals. And cute food jewelry. But mostly mystery t-shirts. It's an absolute thrill.

tiefightershirt

You never know what design you'll be getting and it is always a pleasant surprise when you get a shirt in the mail and eagerly tear apart the packaging. I've actually never received a shirt I didn't like, all of them have been spot on--like the website can read my mind.

If you want to experience the rush and mystery of random shirts in the mail, there are some places with better deals than others. Where are these treasure troves? Well, here's a handy guide on some of my best mystery t-shirt spots!

Six Dollar Shirts. This is like one of the OG t-shirt websites and it's still chugging away, plus they added their own mystery t-shirt offer. Only $2.95 for a random shirt from their repertoire! Although, their designs tend to be less geek related and more overall sweet artwork.

Busted Tees. If you're looking for pop culture and geeky flair, Busted Tees is one of the biggest places to go. They also have a mystery tee deal, but it's on the higher end at $8.00. Still better than a $30 plain white t-shirt from Urban Outfitters, right?

Threadless. This one is the most expensive on the list at $20, but you get three mystery t-shirts! Threadless is another website that sells original artwork of designers and artists more than geeky references.

Teefury. You have to keep an eye on this one because Teefury doesn't do daily mystery t-shirts, only specials when they need to clear out their warehouses. This is how I got my Tie Fighter argyle shirt and it was only $6.00 or something like that. The best time to look is at the end of a season (going from winter to spring, for example) or at the end of the month.

Shirt.Woot. Another one where you have to keep an eye out for their mystery t-shirt deals when they're getting rid of extra stock! But they will usually do deals like two random t-shirts for only $12.00 or less.

Have you ever tried out a mystery t-shirt deal? Also, why isn't there a mystery t-shirt of the month club yet?!

mysterytshirts
post signature

12 comments:

  1. I've done the 5-6 dollar mystery bags on tee fury. I've gotten some good ones and just sold the ones I didn't like. I wouldn't mind a mystery tee of the month club but I run that chance with loot crate when they do offer shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's another thing about them: you can just sell them or give away the ones you don't like. And I totally forgot about LootCrate, haha! hopefully there's a t-shirt in this month's box, I recently subscribed.

      Delete
  2. I recently tried the mystery tee from Teefury and I loved it! I almost wished I had gotten two. They have the nicest quality shirts I've ever gotten. I haven't bought any randoms from the other sites, because I only knew of a few of them. I just love $10 shirt sites anyway, and I usually stock up when Threadless has a $10 sale. I've also bought from Ript Apparel and it turns out they have a mystery shirt too: https://www.riptapparel.com/products/products/random-shirt-designs/
    My question for you is, how does the quality stack up on the other t-shirt websites? I've thought about buying from 6 Dollar shirts and the others, but I've been disappointed in the past by the quality of some cheap shirts. I got one from Weekly Shirts and it's not the best, and Ript wasn't great, though it was better in terms of softness and overall quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh, I'll have to try Ript!

      6 Dollar Shirts can definitely have widely varying quality in their random shirt, I think it depends how long it's been sitting around the warehouse. But with it's price, I tend to shrug it off.

      As for others, it's been consistently good. It's weird because my mystery shirts from Shirt Woot were awesome quality but another I got that wasn't random was meh.

      Teefury and Threadless are for sure the top dogs on quality and think Threadless' deal is really great if you don't mind randomness.

      Delete
  3. I've not tried the mystery shirt deals, but if it would promise me a geeky shirt then I am game. I can never have too many geeky shirts in my closet!

    We recently bought a pair of shirts off one of those sites that has a new shirt available for that day (and that day only). Of course I had to buy two because it was a Cornetto trilogy shirt, and if only one came then fights would ensue over who got the shirt. Although, come to think of it, my husband would look pretty funny in a girl's only shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mystery t shirt deals :) i recently got a few with teefury when they had the 'Who knows?' and 'Dr Who knows?' mystery deals. i ended up with some really cool ones for my man and myself. I am definitely planning to post about them at some point. I haven't looked at threadless in a while so i will have to stop by... thanks for sharing the geeky tshirt love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mystery shirts! My husband bought 3 mystery sweatshirts from woot and my "Holy Mackerel" sweatshirt gets a lot of compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered some mystery tees from Shirtpunch... they shipping on January 31st and haven't shown up yet :( even coming from Canada, it shouldn't take this long. I'm quite sad! Hopefully they will still turn up! managed to get 5 tees for $20... so very good value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the worst luck with ShirtPunch. Ordered a couple of shirts from them and never received them. To make matters worse, they never returned my emails. The same thing has happened to some friends of mine. I do hope this isn't the case with your tees.

      Delete
  7. I've bought mystery tee shirts on thinkgeek.com a few times. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I feel totally out the loop on this one. I guess because of the shipping charges to CAN, a lot of these types of deals just don't end up being that great for me, but I'm eager to check out your list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool!! I just recently cleaned out my closet. I could use some new geeky shirts. Thanks for this list!!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger