14 April 2014

Nerdwares Review: TATTONOMY

Over the years I've thought about getting a tattoo or two. My ideas would normally change as I got older, except for one: the origami unicorn from Blade Runner. I've wanted it since I was a angsty teenager but never went ahead with the idea because a) I'm super terrified of needles and b) money constraints.

BUT LOOK AT ME NOW, GUYS!

bladerunnertattoo

If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, then you probably saw the pic I posted of my new, super sweet tat. Except I pulled a good ol' fashioned prank on you guys and my Blade Runner tattoo is only a temporary tattoo from TATTONOMY.

tattonomypackaging

tattonomypackagingbladerunner

Temporary tattoos seem to be the newest trend in start-ups lately, ever since Tattly kersploded on the scene. I'm totally not complaining because these aren't your coin machine tattoos full of "I Heart Mom" trucker tats or temporary tramp stamps. Nope, these are awesome and tasteful and last a really long time.

While Tattly focuses mostly on cutesy designs, Tattonomy is all for geeks with a minimal approach. In fact, it was made by a couple of geeks who were attending Comic-Con one day. Then this bright idea came down from the heavens and they set upon their journey, eventually creating temporary tattoos based off of Star Wars, Legend of Zelda, the famous Konami code, and yes, my Blade Runner tattoo.

tattonomytemptattoobladerunner
tattonomybladerunner
tattonomytemptattoounicorn

The design was super easy to apply and Tattonomy ships internationally but you get free shipping if you live in the United States or United Kingdom. You also receive two sets for $5--the same amount for Tattly designs--and these are absolutely gorgeous in real life.

I think the idea of adult temporary tattoos are a great way to try on different designs you've been thinking of getting. You can give it a test run without having to commit fully to ink, which isn't so temporary. Or, if you just want to relive your childhood and wear temporary tattoos and feel cool, that's fine too.

With that said, I have made it a goal to overcome my needle fears and actually get this exact Blade Runner tattoo for realsies by the end of the year. :)

(Source)


Disclaimer: This was not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Okay, this is really neat! I have a couple of geeky tattoos but I always lack the money for more! I'm gonna check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty amazing. As someone who got inked at 18 and lived to regret one or two of them.... trial runs are a good, good, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing cute temp tatts all over the Etsy front page, but these are th e coolest ones I've seen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love it! I've always thought origami tattoos would be a cool deviation from the norm. Even cooler if it's geeky! Funny thing, I actually have a whole box of temp tats. They're so much fun to play with! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these. I've always wanted a geeky tattoo, so these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea! I can't wait to see what else they come out with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these! Before I was old enough to get a tattoo, I would use quite a bit of my spending money on fake tattoos.
    But they weren't this cool back in the 90's...These are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look awesome! And since I'm not going to have money for a real tattoo for a very long time, it looks like these temporary tattoos are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing! What a brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing, I'm definitely going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger