28 March 2014

Nerdgasm: Goat Simulator, Cosplay & Self-Esteem, MST3k 2.0 and more!

Hey guys, how's your week been going? Hopefully it has been all rainbows and sparkles!

I'm changing it up with my Nerdgasm posts. It's going to be more of a weekly dump of geeky news, favorite blog posts, and just random stuff I find and want to share. Enjoy!

GEEK NEWS

Have you wondered what it would be like to live like a goat? Well, this game can totally make your goat dreams come true! I remember seeing the thread for this on Reddit and I'm so glad it has become a thing.

New Winds of Winter Chapter Released, via GRRM's official website
Breathe, guys, breathe! George R.R. Martin released a brand spankin' new chapter to the next book, The Winds of Winter, in his A Song of Ice & Fire series because the season four premiere of Game of Thrones is only ONE WEEK AWAY!

MST3K/RiffTrax Coming To Television?, via ScreenRant
There are some rumblings of part of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys (RiffTrax, not Cinematic Titantic) coming back to television, although most fans are skeptical because the premiere date is April 1st. Hmm, I guess we shall see, right?

Space Dandy Season 2, via CrunchyRoll
I loooove Space Dandy and was a little bummed out to hear the season finale is this Saturday. But! It will be returning a lot sooner than I thought. CrunchyRoll has a season two teaser, although it is in Japanese. I can live with it.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

Cosplay & Self-Esteem, via Superheroesque
Blogger and cosplayer Mia talked about the benefits of cosplay, such as boosting self-esteem (and points in your skills!) in this thought provoking and inspiring post on Superheroesque. Give it a read and promote it!

How To Make Your Cat An Internet Celebrity, via The Nerdy Girlie
This is a book review but it's still hilarious and a great read! Megan of The Nerdy Girlie attempts to make her cat Internet famous following the instructions from the book. Will Boring Cat make the big bucks and gets his own Hollywood star?!

Nine Unanswered Questions To Ask Before Watching Orphan Black Season 2, via Your Friend Elle
Are you watching Orphan Black? You probably totally should be. Elle of Your Friend Elle has some questions that need some answering before season two starts! There is also Orphan Black gifs, oOoOoh.

SQUEE WORTHY


Need I say more?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I loved that cosplay/confidence article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is inspiring. Liz and Mia do a great job of promoting self-love in the geek community. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! That cat gif had me cracking up!
    You like Orphan Black! YAY! I haven't heard anyone else mention it! We gotta talk when it's on! I'll be watching on Xbox though so I won't see it until the day after.
    And Space Dandy is officially on my anime to watch!

    I really hope the MST3K is legit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool, I'm usually a day late on everything I watch, haha. And me too! I miss the guys and especially Crow T. Robot!!

      Delete
  3. Goat Simulator!! I started watching Simon & Lewis of The Yogscast's play though! It's hilarious!
    I'm so excited for Game Of Thrones series 4!! I can't wait!!
    I'm going to try and make my cat famous! Or maybe the neighbours cat, he has a lot more sass :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reallyreallyreally hope Sips does a Goat Simulator vid soon! (unless he already has and I missed it amongst the Don't Starve play throughs).

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing my SHe post! <3 I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to get Goat Simulator later on today! I've watched a few lets play videos of it on Youtube and it looks every bit as promising as the trailer suggests.

    I just finished watching Season 1 of Orphan Black and I cannot WAIT for Season 2! Definitely one of my favourite shows at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger