24 February 2014

Totally Wearable Final Fantasy X / X-2 Accessories


While I'm still hopelessly waiting for that HD remake of Final Fantasy 7 (and 9, let's be honest), Square-Enix did release an HD re-issue of Final Fantasy X and its sequel X-2. A lot of fans consider FFX the last "great" Final Fantasy and in honor of that, here's some awesome nerdwares you can find online.

Originally I wanted to do a DIY post on Yuna's earring, but man, there are a lot of great tutorials already! So enjoy some goodies I totally wished I had in my life right now and I'm sure you will want, too.



Yuna's earrings.
Oh hey, speaking of that earring-thing, here you can buy a pre-made one on Etsy! Pretty sure it's meant for a Yuna cosplay, but I would totally wear this as an everyday thing. Also, I never realized it was three separate earrings until researching for this post.


FFX logo pendant necklace.
I always loved the Yoshitaka Amano artwork for Final Fantasy X's logo (and, well, all of his work for Square) and now it can be bought in pendant form. TheFantasyForge on Etsy also does a bunch of other neat-o pendants that I'm absolutely in love with.


Zanarkand stud earrings.
If you're going to do a Final Fantasy X/X-2 post on wearable goodies, of course there needs to be the iconic Zanarkand squiggly thing (technical term). Worn by Tidus in FFX and then later by Yuna in FFX-2, now you can own a pair of Zanarkand stud earrings for yourself.


Yuna cupcake pendant.
This is such a cute concept! This Etsy seller creates adorable polymer clay charms that are cupcakes inspired by different characters like this Yuna one. It'd be cute to see a blitzball cupcake charm, too!


Final Fantasy X-2 pins.
If you're looking for some new pins, you should check out these FFX-2 pins! It's all about that girl power even if the game wasn't generally well received. Although my favorite weird moment from FFX-2 was Lulu. Her avatar wasn't updated to make her look pregnant and the lady wears a corset for chrissakes!

Back in the day I was a huge Final Fantasy fangirl. I still like to go back and play the older games on occasion and Final Fantasy X-2 was a big time guilty pleasure of mine--I mean, c'mon, those outfits were pretty awesome.

As far as my favorite character from FFX, it had to be either Auron or Lulu. I did like that Yuna became this badass babe with her own version of the Birds of Prey essentially in FFX-2.

Did you ever play these games? Who were your favorite characters?

9 comments:

  1. I keep seeing things about this remake. I loved the original and keep telling myself there's no reason to spend this money when I have perfectly functioning games already... but the more I see. I have a feeling Square Enix will have even more of my money soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I have all of my original FF games and my PS3 is one of the backwards compatible ones. Also, it'd be a lot more impressive if they did 7, 8, and 9.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Final Fantasy X/X-2 are two of my all-time favourite games. I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay, thank you! And me too, I might just buy one here pretty soon, haha.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That logo pendant is so pretty!

    And to answer your question on my blog, cross stitch is super easy to learn.You just need to know how to count and thread a needle! I learned from a kit from Walmart and a Youtube video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Gotta love YouTube and all of their tutorials.

      Delete
  4. I've never played a FF game, but Rick is a long time FF lover. As a surprise for him I got a Rinoa (FF8) inspired garter for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aaww, that's awesome! FF8 had a great love story--actually, I liked pretty much all of the characters from that one.

      Delete
  5. I've never played a FF game,but I have know cosplay about it.In the city where I am,there are many cosplay activities often.People wear all kinds of cosplay costume,of course FF's.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger