28 February 2014

Nerdgasm: Farscape movie, Inception board game, 1980s nostalgia


Friday is finally here and that means it's time for another Nerdgasm! What happened around the web in the geek and nerd community? Check out some of my favorite finds from this week.


Around the Web

If the Heroes revival didn't tickle your fancy, maybe this news will: a new Farscape movie seems to be in the works! The television movie will be about John and Aeryn's kid and follow the comics made for Farscape by Keith R.A. DeCandido.

Ever wondered how Inception would work if it were a board game? Well, so did some other people and they made a Kickstarter for their idea, called Inceptor. Now if only the game came with Tom Hardy.

Most of you guys know that I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan and this fanart with the iconic exclamation point made me all giddy, so of course I had to share it in this week's Nerdgasm.

In honor of Harold Ramis, The Pet Collective decided to do a movie synopsis for Ghostbusters that involves, you guessed, cute fluffy kittens.

Around the Blogosphere

If you like to geek out on 1980s nostalgia, then the blog Branded In The 80s by Shawn Robare is totally for you! I absolutely love his features on classic 80s bedrooms and all of the old goodies that can be found in them, like this one from the movie Big!

Mariko over at Gamerwife is doing a link share that asks fellow bloggers to create and make geeky wonderfulness in tribute to the NES! I still have to finish my post for the link up, but I hope to see your posts as well.

Going along with this nostalgia theme I'm attempting to create, Usagi of Usagi In Wonderland scored some totally awesome finds that will surely make you jealous! From a gorgeous Catwoman action figure to Star Wars markers, she's got the goods.

7 comments:

  1. That was an adorably cute tribute. R.I.P. Harold Ramis!

    And I love 80s ANYTHING! Thanks for sharing that post. I now have a new blog to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out!! And for the Tom Hardy reference. That man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise to Tom Hardy! Please release more movies so we may ogle you.

      Delete
  3. The Ghostbusters tribute is amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! They've done other movie tributes on the Pet Collective too, like for Frozen!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh... thanks for linking to my blog! I am in love with yours!!! Wanna do a button swap!!??

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger