26 February 2014

February Favorites 2014

Another month down in 2014 and we're even closer to spring! Can you tell I'm really over the whole winter thing? Pretty sure all of the Mid-West and northern America feels the same, too. Anywho, here are my favorites for February as well as a mini recap of the month.



February has been one hectic month, mostly on the emotion front. I talked about dealing with those icky times in life when everything seems to be going awry in a Leslie Knope Guide to Life, which I'm glad so many people enjoyed reading!

I've been working hard at setting up my Etsy store. I had to wait for some supplies to come in the mail and then it was work-work-work. I also had an idea for another jewelry line to sell in the Etsy store once I open it! So exciting.

Unfortunately, my kitten Rigby passed away on Sunday. He was very sick with a type of respiratory infection that is found in some stray cats and the vet warned us that he probably wouldn't live very long, but it was still quite sudden. He was able to pass on while in my arms, safe and comfortable and loved, but I still miss him very much.

How has your February been, guys? Tell me about it in the comments.

And here are my February favorites below.

The House
Korean cinema is a favorite of mine because how experimental and original a lot of the movies and television can be and this is especially true for the movie The House. It's about a young girl who moves into a slum in Seoul and meets her home's "spirit." It has an interesting message about urban development and is currently on Netflix.


Cool Story Chlo
It's no secret that Chloe Dykstra, girlfriend of Nerdist's Chris Hardwick and overall badass geek chick, is a personal hero of mine--and well, so is Chris Hardwick. Let's just say she is always and forever my Woman Crush Wednesday pick. She's been doing vlog videos on YouTube lately and I've been obsessed!

Rick and Morty
From the creator of Community is this hilarious new show on Adult Swim that spoofs sci-fi like Doctor Who and Back To The Future! The humor is dark and witty and I'm totally digging it so far. Has anyone else been watching Rick and Morty?


Lemon Mint Leaf Candle
Yup, another Bath & Body Works candle! I picked up a couple goodies to get ready for spring and this candle has been heavenly. It's very reminiscent of their Limoncello candle, except with the slightest hint of mint.

Oliver Peoples Glasses
Okay, do my new glasses count as a monthly favorite even though I just got them and I'll be wearing them beyond February? Eh, who cares, they're on the list! I finally got big girl glasses from Oliver Peoples that have transition lenses and match my (current) hair.

And that's it for February! What were some of your monthly favorites?

9 comments:

  1. Been spending February trying to catch up on all the stuff I promised to do in January. Sorry to hear about Rigby, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know that feeling! Been catching up with so much work and other stuff I wanted to get done at the beginning of the year. And thank you for your condolences.

      Delete
  2. I'm also so ready for winter to be done with. A couple days ago our high temperature was -20 C (-4 F). As a high!

    So sorry to hear about your kitten. It's such a hard time, but at least he knew he was loved right up to the end. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that's so awful! What's worse is that it has been sunny and LOOKS nice out but once you step outside your home, it's freezing.

      Thank you. He was for sure my favorite of my cats, even though I love them all. He was definitely spoiled!

      Delete
  3. Rick and Morty is HILARIOUS I am glad I am not the only one who likes it haaha

    ALSO! I got two new B&BW candles myself..they're so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's right up there with Venture Bros. for me. Which candles did you get? Their bubblegum one from their newest line smells AMAZING, too.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about Rigby hun! *hugs*

    I used to work on Community so I don't know if I could handle Rick and Morty!

    LOVE the glasses!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about Rigby. I'm glad you were able to spend the last moments together.

    And Cool Story Chlo is a favorite of mine too :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger