27 January 2014

January Favorites 2014



Ah, the first monthly favorites of the new year! What was rad during January? Check it out.

Well guys, we're nearing the end of January! One month down in 2014, how are your resolutions coming along? I think I'm doing okay, but could probably kick my butt into gear in February.

Anywho, you know the drill! If not, my monthly favorites are separated into three categories: nerdom, beauty, and fashion. Enjoy!

Space Dandy
From the creators of Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, and Samurai Champloo, what more could you want? Also, Yoko Kanno returned to make the funky-tastic music for Space Dandy. What is the show about? It's all about a dandy alien hunter in space! It is a weird and experimental anime, so give it a try and don't be fooled by the first episode's ending.

Lost Girl
Yeah, I totally binge watched all of the seasons on Netflix and now I am caught up for the new season! Bo and Kenzi's friendship is the best and I love the dialogue and all of the folklore and mythology incorporated into the show.

An Evening With Sips
My best friend got me hooked on watching Sips Let's Play videos. He's part of the Yogscast team and I'm usually not much for LPers because of their commentary (or lack thereof) but Sips is hilarious! Sometimes I won't even watch the video and will only listen to Sips talk like some kind of podcast. My favorite have been the one pictured, Long Live The Queen, his Spore Let's Play videos and a more recent one called Organ Trail: Director's Cut!

peachbellinicandle
B&BW Peach Bellini Candle
Bath and Body Works did a limited edition run of some New Years Eve inspired candles, two of which were Peach Bellini and Cranberry Peach Bellini. Between the two, the peach has been oh so yummy smelling. I freakin' love this candle and don't want to burn it too much so I can save it!

 
covergirlneutralpalette
CoverGirl Eyeshadow Palette "Sheer Nudes"
When it comes to make-up, I have a ton of different neutral palettes. I just can't help myself! This one in particular is really pretty and the pigmentation is just right for both a daytime and nighttime look. Although I'm going to try more colorful looks this spring.

creamgeleyeliner
E.L.F. Gel Liner
Besides being cruelty free and vegan-friendly make-up (for my vegan pals out there!), I love e.l.f. make-up because it's also very inexpensive! Their Studio line, which is their higher quality stuff, always seems to amaze me. If you wanna give gel liner a go, pick up a pot of this stuff! Super easy to apply and will last for hours.

mulanshirt1
Mulan Shirt
Mulan is one of my favorite Disney princesses, next to Jasmine and Belle. So of course I was beyond excited when I saw this Mulan shirt ON SALE at Hot Topic! And yes, I have already sang "WHEN WILL MY REFLECTION SHOW WHO I AM INSIIIIDE?" to my cats while wearing this shirt.

What have been your monthly favorites, nerdettes? Let me know! 



3 comments:

  1. I love Space Dandy! It's nice to have something new on. I'll definitely check out An Evening With Sips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAY! Another nerd girl who loves Sips!
    I've only just discovered your blog and I love it!!! I'm going through your old posts (non-stalker) so you may get some more comments on old posts :D

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger