I just realized I haven't really done many "personal" blog posts and since this has been a busy week where I couldn't publish the type of posts I wanted to, why not today? Get to know a little bit about me and hopefully I can get to know a little bit more about you guys. :)
Confession time: despite having tons of social network accounts, I'm not a very "public" person. That is to say I like to keep some of my personal life secret. It's nothing against the cool people I've met through all these sites, it's just how I am.
Well, as a new year's goal, I want to put more of myself out there. No more being an Internet introvert! It's time to reach out and be social. :) First step? Letting you guys know a bit more about myself and my life.
Also, this week has been hella busy for me and I haven't been able to work on the DIY and OOTD posts I've wanted to publish. Anyway, here's a nifty list!
1. I'm originally from Oceanside, California, which is near San Diego. But I've lived in Ohio, The Florida Keys, the Florida mainland, part-time in Maryland, and now in Michigan.
2. In high school, I was our school's website manager during my senior year. I helped the school move from a physical filing system to a digital one and this helped cement my love in databases, data analytics, and data visualization.
3. I used to write Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts fanfiction as a kid! One of my most popular stories was an alternate universe where Sephiroth in KH was Riku's dad.
4. Despite being an avid gamer today, I didn't own a console until the PlayStation! I was mostly playing computer games beforehand.
5. I'm part Portuguese, hence my last name. I used to have thick, curly black hair and then it eventually turned brunette!
6. Huge advocate for the maker community--3D printing, CNC, you name it! I'm also going to be joining a local makerspace very soon.
7. Love watching cartoons and animated shows, recently been loving Steven Universe, Bob's Burgers, Regular Show, and rewatching classics like Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls.
8. Used to be really into rockabilly and would wear vintage inspired clothes. Still love it, although my wallet couldn't keep up with the fashion.
9. My first "cosplay" experience was one Halloween where I made my own Fujin costume, one of the characters from Final Fantasy 8.
10. I've been learning Mandarin for the last two years or so, although my reading and writing is still awful!
What are some interesting facts about you? Hope to be back on regularly scheduled posts soon. :)