28 December 2013

Devcember Week 4

This post is a little late, but ah well, it's been busy with the holidays! Here's what got done (or mostly what didn't) for the final days of Devcember! Also, I talk a little bit about blogging and being thankful for all of you reading out there.

We're fast approaching the end of December and that means approaching the close of Devcember. This is going to be my last post in the Devcember series and then it's back to regularly scheduled posts such as Style Inspiration, Nerd Rant, Nerdgasm, and a bunch of new stuff I'm so excited to share with everybody.

Here's what got done and will be added later next week:
  • The Nerd Allure Facebook page has been made pretty and is active!
  • I'll be adding blog buttons and blog buddies' buttons, too.
  • The "About" page will be updated to include much more info.
For those of you who may not know, Nerd Allure was an idea I had for a couple of years but was too chicken to actually do it. Then, in the summer of this year, I finally decided to start posting and being active in the blog community. Here's what my blog looked like at first:


Over the next few months, the blog started to grow and I began to meet really awesome people with amazing blogs and stories. Despite most how-to articles saying things like "Most bloggers won't give you the time of day when you're new to the community," I've experienced the complete opposite. Everyone I've met through blogging have been incredibly welcoming and nice! 

Devcember was really fun and made me realize just how much I miss coding, even with all the issues and glitches that make me want to tear my hair out. I still love freelance writing, too, of course!

I'll still be updating and tweaking the blog, but I just wanted to give out a major THANK YOU to everybody following me, reading my blog, and making the nerd girl (and beauty) blogging community such a fun place to be! Can't wait to really get into blogging in the new year. :)

4 comments:

  1. I liked your facebook page :) I was also surprised about the super welcoming nature for being a brand new blogger. I'm definitely planning some nerdier themed posts for the future but really glad to have found yours
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your nerdy posts and future FOTD posts. Yeah, most of the time people were telling me how difficult it is to connect with other bloggers but I think it really depends on the niche.

      Delete
  2. think the new updates look great and i'm so glad i found your blog...you were my first follower- thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger