06 December 2013

Devcember Week 1

In a previous post I mentioned how I skipped on National Novel Writing Month and created my own month of creative shenanigans called Devcember. The goal? Redesigning Nerd Allure from the ground up and you guys get to see the progress! Or at least that's the plan.



So, what got done this week?
  • You've probably noticed a new color scheme and logo for Nerd Allure. It might change a few more times throughout the month, but I'm liking this one so far. What do you guys think?
  • The background is pretty basic until I figure something out. Please excuse the blandness!
  • I've been diving head first back into CSS to create a customized top navigation bar for the blog.
  • Deciding on a new layout that will be even better.
  • Sprucing up tags and giving the site some better organization.
I would just like to say that Ashley's Bitchin' Book Blog series of coding tips has been extremely helpful! If you're ever looking to do a bit of DIY code for your own blog, do check out her series as she does tutorials for both Blogger and WordPress.

And finally, I've been thinking up of new content for the blog. The usual posts like Style Inspiration and whatnot will still be around but you've probably noticed something called "Mini Series" on the top navigation bar. It will all be revealed soon enough! I will say that I have new ideas called Video-Game Science, Edible Campaign, and I'll be bringing on more guest contributors and interviews.

That wraps up week one of Devcember! How's your projects going?

P.S. -- I'm going to be putting off my weekly content Nerd Rant and Nerdgasm until I finish the redesign of the blog. Sorry about that, but I will be putting up new DIY posts very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl; site looking good! more streamlined and i like the new color scheme.

    musingsbycandacejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger