14 November 2013

Style Inspiration: Resident Evil [GUEST POST]

My name is Candace and I'm very excited to be guest posting for Steph today.  I discovered Steph's blog via another blog on Bloglovin' and was instantly hooked by its name and content.  Working in the scientific research sphere, I feel that I epitomize nerd by virtue of my job and education and girly by my heavy interest in fashion & beauty.  In addition to my career, I also have a love for science fiction/fantasy, both in my preference for sci-fi fantasy shows & movies as well as books.  Since I don't explore these topics on my own blog, which is more focused on fashion & my fam, I partnered with Steph to give my girl nerd free reign.  You can follow me on my own blog, Musings by CandaceJean (musingsbycandacejean.blogspot.com).

Over the past few years I have developed a love for all things zombies. I can't watch horror movies as I find them too scary, but I will watch zombie movies. I would much rather face down a flesh eating zombie than a creepy ghost child. Part of my love for zombie films is the overarching premise that some type of outbreak or infection has occurred and the hypothesis generating process during the film of how the infection came about and how to prevent further infection. With the premiere of AMC's Walking Dead three years ago, the zombie genre has become huge. In addition to t.v., zombie films have premiered frequently in the box office with at least three released this year. World War Z pulled in over $200M and currently ranks 9 in top grossing films for 2013. Other zombie movies that I've really enjoyed were: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, and Warm Bodies. However, probably one of the most popular zombie movie series is the Resident Evil franchise based on the video games. If I had to live in post-apocalyptic zombieland, I would definitely choose to be a take no prisoners kick butt heroine like Alice. In addition to Alice's strong character played by Milla Jovovich; she's had some pretty memorable zombie fighting garb. To create a style inspiration board, I drew from three of the films: Resident Evil, Resident Evil Extinction, and Resident Evil Afterlife.

Resident Evil
Image via Fanpop

Resident Evil



Resident Evil Extinction
Image via Fanpop

Resident Evil Extinction



Resident Evil Afterlife
Image via Fanpop

Resident Evil After Life

2 comments:

  1. Love the extinction outfit. I've never worn anything like it so I think it would be really fun to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the extinction outfit is my favorite one!!

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger