30 November 2013

November Favorites 2013

I hope your November was wonderful! We're nearing the last month of 2013 and man, am I totally ready for 2014. This year hasn't been the best for me (several deaths in the family, financial troubles, college issues, etc.) and I really can't wait to kickstart a new year with brand new goals. But first, here are my November favorites.

NERDOM
Arrow
Holy crap, how come nobody told me about this show sooner?! I've never read the Green Arrow comics but all this talk about Black Canary and possible Birds of Prey caught my interest and now I'm hooked! Also, where is a good starting point in terms of New 52 Green Arrow?

Steven Universe
Watch this show immediately and make it super popular! Rebecca Sugar is the FIRST female show creator in Cartoon Network's history and Steven Universe is a great first for such a feat.

Almost Human
I've expressed my excitement for Almost Human before and now it's rightfully in my monthly favorites. This is another show I'm wishing becomes super popular and gets picked up for another season. Watch it! Be amazed! Drool over the super sexy cast!

Dracula
Oh hey, speaking of gorgeous men I totally don't mind staring at on a weekly basis...The new Dracula with Jonathan Rhys Meyers is fun to watch! I like that it includes Van Helsing into the story rather than just focusing primarily on Dracula. Also, Mina isn't just some throwaway female character.


BEAUTY
Mentha Lip Tint
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Gloss
Oh, Bath & Body Works, our romance continues on. These lip tints (it's more like a lip gloss honestly) come out right around the holidays at B&BW and it's a great winter shade while also having a strong peppermint taste!

Soap & Glory Hand Food
Soap & Glory Hand Food Lotion
The holy grail of non-scented hand lotions! You can find this at Sephora or on Soap & Glory's website and while it's pricier than other lotions, it is totally worth it. It's moisturizing without being greasy and doesn't leave that weird non-scent smell (you know what I'm talking about).

Martha Lip Tint
Martha Lip Tint
I'm going to bring it up again: this handmade lip tint sold by Bubble And Geek is AMAZING. Martha is inspired by Martha Jones from Doctor Who and has a lovely scent (chai), a great subtle berry-red color, and it's soooo smooth.


FASHION


Snoopy iPhone Case
Smartphone cases count as fashion, right? I mean, it's a type of accessory. Well, my momma got me this absolutely adorable Snoopy iPhone case. Yeah, I'm totally ready for the holiday season. Bring it on!

6 comments:

  1. My bf is current with Arrow, but I have somehow not watched an episode. I've been hearing such good things about it, so I know I'll eventually start the series.

    and yes! Almost Human is great. *droooool* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few episodes of Arrow are kinda hokey in my opinion, but it gets better toward the middle of the first season and then the ending is like WHAAAAAT.

      Delete
  2. Steven Universe looks awesome. I've never even heard of it. I will check it out immediately. Love the Snoopy phone case too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, please do! If you like Adventure Time, you'll like Steven Universe because it's like a girl power version (even with the main character being a little boy, haha).

      Delete
  3. started watching almost human...it's awesome; love all the advanced technology. i feel like they always cancel the good sci fi shows- so hopefully people keep watching almost human. i was so bummed when they canceled doll house- did you watch it? speaking of things nerdy and sci-fi- did you hear about amazon's drones? i think that will be a pretty amazing feat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't seen Dollhouse but see it every time on Netflix! And yeah, I'm a little bit scared of drones sending me stuff but I think I could get used to it, haha. Especially if it really will be a 30 minute delivery! That's like ordering a pizza.

      Delete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger