29 November 2013

Let's Do Devcember!

The flurry that is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is coming to an end and while I didn't participate this year I am creating my own little month of creative chaos and it directly involves this blog.


Introducing Devcember, an entire month of coding and design craziness! Why am I doing this? Well, I have a couple reasons...
  1. Nerd Allure needs a serious overhaul. I never thought it would catch on as a blog, but hey, it's gaining some steam... Slowly but surely.
  2. I want to get back into the swing of things when it comes to coding, design, and web development.
  3. There should also be an entire month for those who like to write code or develop things online and not just writing novels!
Would you like to participate in Devcember? No problem, there aren't too many rules involved. The only limitation that whatever dev or design project you work on, you need to complete the basics in one month.

For example, I want to redesign the entire Nerd Allure blog. I consider basics of a blog being social media, a logo, clean layout, and polished content. So, those are the goals I need to hit at minimum for Devcember. Whatever else I finish along the way is just an added bonus.

Whether you have that unfinished portfolio website, a blog idea you want to create from scratch, that awesome idea for a YouTube channel, or even just want to learn programming and create your very first website, I'm giving out an open invitation for any and all to try Devcember.

Oh, and one more very important requirement... You have to share your project with me! :) I would love to see what you have created at the end of Devcember.

Let's get to creatin'!

1 comment:

  1. hey girl, i'm totally down for devcember. i need to come up with a project idea, but will definitely share.

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger