18 November 2013

Get The Look: Valerie Stahl From Almost Human

Deus Ex meets crime drama with a dash of Karl Urban? Uh, yes please! I've been pretty excited for Almost Human and was a little bummed the premiere date was changed but what are you gonna do? If you haven't heard, Karl Urban (Bones in new Star Trek) is starring in a cyberpunk show about robot cops in the future. Check out the preview:

I thought it'd be neat to do a tutorial on one of the character's looks, Valerie Stahl. She is a young LAPD detective who views Karl Urban's character as a type of iconic hero of the force and I thought her look was very obtainable--not to mention Minka Kelly (the actress) is so darn pretty. Check out the process I used to get this look down below!


Her makeup is very minimal, mostly just a subtle lip and some eyeliner and mascara. I prepped my face with some moisturizer and then used a BB cream as a foundation with some light concealer. Afterward, I used the light beige from the palette on the left all over my lids and the darkish brown color from the right palette in my crease, blending them together. Eyeshadow Valerie Stahl Of course, I also used a gratuious amount of mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. Then, I finished my eyes with a brown pencil liner on my bottom lashes. Next was the lips! Lip Products Valerie StahlI used a mixture of all three these colors to try and match the color of Valerie's lip color. The lip pencil was first and then I did an all-over color with the lighter shade and then dabbed a bit of the darker lipstick as a finish. Face Products Valerie Stahl  Cheek color consisted of a cream blush and powdered illuminator. And here's the completed look!
Valerie Stahl Look 4
Valerie Stahl Look 1
I was going to do a full outfit look for this post, but of course, Owen was making it difficult! He kept sitting in front of the mirror, probably admiring himself. :P
Owen & Me

And that's it! Are you going to be checking out Almost Human? 

6 comments:

  1. makeup looks great; very natural looking. was the show any good? i saw the previews and wasn't sure if i wanted to watch or not...but i'm a huge karl urban fan!

    musingsbycandacejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty solid! Karl Urban plays the usual grumpy guy, haha, and the effects are really good for a TV show.

      Delete
  2. Love your makeup and so far I'm loving Almost Human. It may have a teensy bit to do with my crush on Michael Ealy! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many good looking people on that show, it's ridiculous! And yeah, I'm hooked.

      Delete
  3. Anything with Karl Urban is a winner for me, I think hes so hot. I haven't watched it yet, but the commercials make it look so darn good. Hopefully I'll get to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure give it a watch! Like with most pilots for TV shows, it had its good and meh moments but the episode after has a better flow to it (and Karl Urban's character freaks out a bunch of kids by accident, lol).

      Delete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger