28 August 2013

August 2013 Favorites

Holy crap, where did August go?! One minute I was planning all the things I wanted to do this summer and then the next I'm getting ready to go back to college and the leaves are already beginning to change outside. Jeez, you in a rush to go somewhere, summer? Well, as much as I love warmer weather, I also do love fall and happen to be pretty stoked for cider mills and my favorite holiday: Halloween!

What have you guys been up to this month? How about your favorite things throughout August? Let me know in the comments, I love to hear from you. :) And without any further ado, here are my August 2013 favorites.


Beauty
Sandalwood Citrus Candle. Talk about an amazing scent collection this year from Bath & Body Works! I'm also enjoying the Heirloom Pear candle, but my go-to for August has been Sandalwood Citrus. It comes in a single wick and three wick candle.

Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation. It's almost criminal how far only a dab of this creme foundation can go when it comes to great coverage. I have been using it mostly as a concealer under my eyes on top of my Maybelline BB cream and they're a great duo to look fresh faced and awake.

EOS Passion Fruit Lipbalm. Truth be told, this is my first ever EOS purchase and I love it despite the weird shape of the lipbalm. I picked up the passion fruit EOS and it tastes and smells like it came straight from some tropical getaway.

L'Oreal Visible Lift Color Lift Blush. The color I picked up is Coral Lift as I was on the hunt for a new, everyday blush color and this one is quite interesting. It looks like it would go on like a stick blush but it feels more like a powder. Great for contouring and isn't so pigmented that it looks fake.

Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz Corrective Hair Serum. This was a random purchase after I got my hair done and was tired of always having super frizzy hair, thanks to my Portuguese roots. Most frizz formulas don't work for me until I got this one! You can find it at most drugstores (I actually found mine at a Kroger grocery store) and it has no smell and goes on like a styling gel. Works like a charm.


Fashion
Forever21 Skinny Jeans. I needed new jeans ASAP because my old ones were getting worn, wouldn't fit, and just generally falling to pieces. Forever21 saved the day with their "Basics" line where you can get some decent jeans for less than $20! Now I have about ten different pairs of F21 skinny jeans and live in them.

Claire's Clip-on Infinity Earrings. To make myself look like an even bigger nerd for the sake of this blog, I don't have my ears pierced and I'm turning 24 in December. I know, I know! But, I did find these cute infinity clip-on earrings from Claire's that go with practically any outfit.

Forever21 Batman Muscle Tee. I don't know if anyone noticed, but F21 was advertising a "Marvel exclusive" collection awhile back. I browsed the collection online and came across this Batman muscle tee amongst a bunch of Marvel stuff. If you don't know, Batman is DC. :P Still, one of my fave shirts.



Life
Orange Is The New Black. I watched the entire series in two days and can't wait for the second season! I have actually never watched Weeds, the creator of Orange previously made, but now I might go back and watch it after thoroughly enjoying OITNB.

Ashens and the Quest for the GameChild. If you're a YouTube junkie, then you might know about Ashens and his hilarious reviews of really crappy knock-off toys and technology. Well, he was doing a Kickstarter to make his own movie and it was actually released! Unlike most YouTube stars who fund their own movie, Ashens' movie is actually well written, has great production value, and is pretty damn funny.

We Heart Pics. Since I'm an Instagram addict and have a couple dozen photo editing apps on my iPhone, it shouldn't be a surprise that I would like We Heart Pics. It's kind of like IG in that it is a photo sharing social network, but the free app also has daily missions where you have to photograph certain things and has text-based filters on top of photo filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger